Physics Affiliate Professor, Department of Mathematics and Physics
Description: The Department of Mathematics and Physics is currently looking for members to join their academic activities. We are considering both part-time and full-time candidates. Expectations:
- Teach undergraduate-level courses to students, grade assignments and projects, provide feedback, tutor, and input of assignment data.
- Participate in course and program assessment and development, such as lecture development or curriculum modifications.
- Relate the above topics in the context of engineering and computer science, encompassing the practical understanding and the application of the taught material.
- Work closely with students, accommodating a wide variety of learning styles and diverse abilities.
- Courses and material are conducted exclusively in English.
Responsibilities: The candidate would be responsible for teaching a variety of undergraduate courses, that cover concepts such as:
- Motion Dynamics (Newtonian Dynamics), Waves, Optics and Thermodynamics
- Lagrangian and Hamiltonian Dynamics
The candidate is expected to use some of the following technical tools to deliver content:
- Academic tools: Academic tools: Moodle, Microsoft Office Suite, LibreOffice, Teams, LaTeX
- Development tools: GNU Octave, MATLAB
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Physics, or a closely related field.
- Proficient level of English.
- Expertise in one or more of the department-taught subjects.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with teaching subjects at different levels.
Application: Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information and materials:
- Subject Line: “Physics Affiliate Professor, Department of Mathematics and Physics”
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Unofficial academic transcripts from most recently attended educational institutions
- Cover letter or email explaining the motivation behind the application
- Sample projects or portfolio