Web Designer and Content Creator
We are looking for a Web Designer and Content Creator to join our current Web Team. This position will be physically located on our Bilbao campus but work in conjunction with our U.S. Marketing Department’s Web Team. They will work on a variety of projects to support DigiPen Europe-Bilbao’s campus website and the global institutional digital presence.
The Web Designer and Content Creator role is a multi-faceted position that involves a range of deadline-driven tasks related to website design and development, and content creation. The ideal candidate for this job will be responsible for building and editing web content using existing templates, writing content that is engaging and informative, creating and editing images, using the CMS, and performing quality assurance testing to ensure the required standards.
In this role, the Web Designer and Content Creator and the Web Team will work closely with stakeholders from beginning to end of the project lifecycle, from initial request to website release. Collaboration and communication skills are essential for success in this role.
About the Web Team:
The Web Team is responsible for designing the layout, functionality, visual elements, and site usability. All campus websites are created and maintained using DigiPen brand and style guidelines. Our goal is to create visually appealing sites that communicate the benefits of our degree programs, but are also streamlined, scalable, and easy to use. The Web Team also focuses on information architecture to reinforce proper SEO best practices.
As a member of the Web Team, responsibilities include:
- Manipulate and process photos, student artwork, and other assets to be aesthetically pleasing and meet digital requirements.
- Maintain and manage content updates/upgrades to existing websites and applications.
- Plan and write engaging web content, including news articles and other types of copy, while adhering to brand and style guidelines. All content will be written in both English and Spanish.
- Receive and incorporate copyediting feedback from U.S.-based editorial team.
- Contribute towards outlining project requirements, planning, and execution of projects with the Web Team. Collaborate closely with Web Team to determine workload and deliverables.
- Extensively utilize project management tool (Monday.com) to keep the team abreast of project status and updates.
- Maintain and enforce design standards, HTML best practices, and web accessibility.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in web design & production, content creation, digital marketing, or related field/discipline
- Fluent in English and Spanish with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to process and manipulate digital images and web graphics
- Experience with generating editorial content in English and Spanish
- Experience working in a CMS
- Proficient with web markup, including HTML5 and CSS
- Knowledge of Google Analytics 4 or Universal Analytics
- Meticulous sense of detail and ability to seek out simple solutions to complex challenges
- Practical experience with various aspects of web project management
- Active knowledge of SEO and page structure best practices
- Experience with Drupal
- Localization experience
- Well-versed in Google Analytics strategy, implementation, and reporting
Consideration for the position will begin immediately and will continue until it is filled.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information and materials:
- Subject Line: “Web Designer and Content Creator”
- Resume or CV in English (Resumes in Spanish will not be considered)
- Bonus: Cover letter or email explaining the motivation behind the application
- Bonus: Sample projects, websites, articles, or portfolio